(This post contains affiliate links)
I’ve been making my own bread for over three years now. At first the thought of baking bread seemed very tedious and intimidating. Kneading dough and letting it rise and repeating the process before finally baking it was time consuming.
That’s when a friend introduced me to bread machines. I could just add the ingredients and press start. This seemed like a no brainier so I borrowed her bread machine for a couple weeks and fell in love with homemade bread!
This sandwich bread recipe came about through trial and error. I began with trying to make a whole wheat loaf and found it to be too dense for sandwiches. Next I tried mixing whole wheat and white flour and presto- best sandwich bread ever! Now every Sunday or Monday I will make a loaf of sandwich bread to use through out the week for breakfast toast and sandwiches.
I’m excited to share the recipe with you! Try it out for yourself and see how easy it is to make a loaf of homemade bread. If you don’t own your own bread machine ask friends and family if you can borrow theirs for a couple weeks so you can try out making your own fresh baked bread. I think you will fall in love, too!
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 Tblsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour (may sub with bread flour)
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour (may sub with 100% whole wheat flour)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufactures recommendations. (Mine has me put all wet ingredients in first and then dry ingredients)
- Set bread machine on the Basic menu setting and choose the 2lb loaf setting.
- Press start and let the machine do the work!
- Using Bob's Red Mill flour is a personal preference. But I have had the best results with this brand of flour.