These Banana Oat Muffins are a favorite at my house. They are a quick treat to make for breakfast or to go with an afternoon cup of coffee. And a bonus is they freeze really well so you can double the batch and place some in the freezer to have on hand for a grab and go snack!
This recipe came about when I was using a recipe card that called for wheat germ in the muffins. I didn’t have any on hand so I substituted it with quick-oats. I also added and extra banana for added moister and flavor.
They turned out even more delicious than the original recipe. My kiddos agreed that this muffin recipe could stay in the “shoe box”. (I keep all my printed recipes in a shoe box.) This recipe is liked so well it has been the muffin of choice for 3 months in a row! They really are delicious.
Get out all your ingredients, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lets start baking!
(This post contains affiliate links)
You will need:
- Bob’s Red Mill Unbleached White All Purpose Baking Flour 1 1/2 cups
- Quick cooking oats 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1 Tblsp
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg 1/2 tsp
- Butter 5 Tblsp
- Ripe bananas, 3 mashed
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Egg, 1
- Cinnamon sugar (optional)
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
Melt butter in a large mixing bowl. Add bananas and mash into butter with a fork or potato masher. Then add milk and egg and mix together.
Place all dry ingredients into a smaller bowl. Mix together. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the large bowl and mix just until blended.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill Silicone Baking Muffin Cup Cupcake Liners evenly with batter. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon sugar or chopped walnuts (not pictured) if desired.
Place muffins in oven and bake until tooth-pick inserted into center comes out clean, 20-22 minutes. Cool for 1 minute, then remove from pan and silicon cupcake liners. Place muffins on a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy these muffins for a quick grab-and-go breakfast. Add them to a school lunch or serve them as an after school snack. These muffins won’t last long so consider doubling the batch!
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Unbleached White All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp butter,melted
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- cinnamon sugar (optional)
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Fit muffin tin with 12 Silicone Baking Muffin Cup Cupcake Liners Molds
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in small bowl. Melt butter in large bowl stir in mashed bananas, milk and egg. Mix just until blended.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill muffins cups evenly with batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar or chopped walnuts if desired.
- Bake muffins until a tooth-pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute, then remove from muffin pan and silicon liners. Cool on wire rack.
Get your FREE 5 Step Meal Planner!
Sign up for "5 Steps to a Month of Meals Guide" to help you get dinner on the table with less stress!